Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 stuck on low battery charging screen A.K.A $500 Paper Weight

Well this is the third and final iPhone 5 my family has encountered with this issue, Luckily my mom upgraded to a 5S and avoided this issue even though she was experiencing it. Me and my father are not as lucky. Usually jumping power sources and rebooting works. Finally tonight my phone is stuck on it and nothing I can do will bring it off. My phone is totally *mint* and with an otter box defender case looks perfect. Now I would have had it replaced when the battery went to **** after a well known bug they had. However I was not in the warranty window still. Then when my lock/sleep button stopped working that was just icing on the cake. The screen being stuck now is the nail in the coffin. Now I love apple and have had every Generation iPhone since the original. However past 2 years living no where near an apple store has made it unfair and not worth having. The Genius usually take care of you if your not too far outside your warranty and the issue is a known apple defect or issue. However getting a known defect fixed is almost impossible when your not near an apple store. You are stuck paying out of pocket for shipping and even for "recall" work if it happens to not be a recall issue. Plain and simple most of us can't go a week without a phone so when there's a known issue or manafactures defect you can't get it fixed easily. Now because I missed all the recall fixes and everything I am out over $1200 on two iPhone 5. Now do I spend another $1200 and go through the same **** or do I go with samsung? I am going to share this with many forums and try to spread awareness. The iPhone 5 i have noticed to have the most problems and every single one a friend or family member has had all share the same issues and problems. They all are in cases and taken care of and experiencing the same issues. Anyone else notice the same problems? I know I am not alone; how are samsung galaxy's phone and warranty compared to apple and iPhone?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 11:06 PM

1 reply

iPhone 5 stuck on low battery charging screen A.K.A $500 Paper Weight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.