Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Losing wifi connection on iMac

My iMac loses wifi connection to my Time Capsule network after restarting & returns to modem connection. Is there a way of keeping wifi on my new TC network. Any ideas much appreciated

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 12:32 AM

Your wireless is setup in the wrong order.. please delete all wireless networks remembered by the iMac.. clear the whole lot out.. reboot the mac and start again.. discover the wireless and connect to it.. only the TC wireless.. and it should then connect fine to the TC and nothing else..

Post again if you have trouble because it is possible to remedy this on the router as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2015 12:32 AM in response to kjc299

Your wireless is setup in the wrong order.. please delete all wireless networks remembered by the iMac.. clear the whole lot out.. reboot the mac and start again.. discover the wireless and connect to it.. only the TC wireless.. and it should then connect fine to the TC and nothing else..

Post again if you have trouble because it is possible to remedy this on the router as well.

Losing wifi connection on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.