Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have this message appearing "the application finder has unexpectedly quit while trying to restore its windows"... someone PLEASE help

I have this message appearing "the application finder has unexpectedly quit while trying to restore its windows"...

So far it doesn't appear to be effecting anything that i can see on my imac BUT it is incredibly annoying and popping up at bad times, and it all happened when my imac automatically updated itself. So annoying. PLEASE help!!!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 9:07 PM

1 reply

Apr 18, 2015 8:23 AM in response to ice_waaka

Finder crashes are often caused by "Google Drive." If it's installed, I suggest you first check for an update. If that doesn't solve the problem, remove it according to the developer's instructions. You may need to start the computer in safe mode to do so. Back up all data before making any changes.

If you use Google Drive and don't want to remove it, then try deselecting the option in its preferences to "show status icons." According to reports, that may be enough to stop the crashing.

Similar cloud-data clients such as "Dolly Drive," "iDrive," "Open Drive," "Transporter Desktop," and others can cause the same problem.

I have this message appearing "the application finder has unexpectedly quit while trying to restore its windows"... someone PLEASE help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.