Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Vs MacBook Air

Hey there!

I currently have a MacBook Pro (2010) It has 2.4GHz Processor, 4 GB memory and 150GB storage. I'm thinking about getting a 13" MacBook Air this time around as it is more portable. What I wondering, seeing as how I have very minimal knowledge about computers, a few things. I was thinking of upgrading the MacBook Air from 1.6GHz to 2.2 GHz processor and from 4 to 8GB memory and also going up to 500 GB of storage. Will these changes make much of a difference in terms of performance and worth the extra cash or would I get just as much performance by getting the standard MacBook Air.

Thanks everyone in advance for your input!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 1:28 AM

2 replies

Apr 18, 2015 3:41 AM in response to Mayoush1

It is dependent upon your personal needs and preferences.

My priorities in order are storage, RAM, CPU.

A lot of storage minimizes the need to have an external HDD when in portable mode.

RAM allows a lot applications to open with our compromising performance.

Unless your are into very resource intensive applications, faster CPUs will not be taxed to the maximum. You do not need a Ferrari to commute to work in a city.

Ciao.

MacBook Pro Vs MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.