Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Names of authorized computers

When I log into my account on iTunes on my Windows 7 PC, I can see details of devices associated with the Apple ID but not details of computers authorised. Why is that, and is there some way of revealing those details?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 1:00 AM

6 replies

Apr 18, 2015 1:10 AM in response to weruto112

Sort of. I found that I had three computers authorised, but I could not remember what they were. I was comfortable that the one I was using (the one I'm using now, our main family PC) was authorised, but I could not tell, or recall, what the other two were. I ended up just de-authorising all computers and then re-authorising this one. But at no time did iTunes provide me any detail of the computers. Seems to be a very strange and opaque process to just deal with nothing but a raw number, rather than specific details of each computer. Strange too that details are provided on "associated devices" but not "authorised computers". Am I missing something or is that just the way it is?

Apr 18, 2015 2:45 AM in response to weruto112

Ok thanks. I'm logged in to my account and have clicked on "Manage Devices". Yes it shows a list of devices "associated" with my Apple ID, but no computers, just various iPhones and iPads. Even before I deauthorised all computers there was only one item listed here that wasn't a phone or pad. That's now not listed any more. Perhaps if I only have one computer authorised and that's the one I'm using to access my account details then perhaps its details don't appear under "Manage Devices". Either way there are no details provided in the other location that deals with "Computer Authorisations". That simply states that I have one computer authorised to play content purchased with this Apple ID, but offers no further detail with regard to that computer. So it would seem, to answer my own question, that there is no way to see the detail of authorised computers. Some things about Apple make no sense to me at all.

Names of authorized computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.