Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

says cookies are disabled but they are enabled

I can use my browser with my IPOD touch, but cannot connect to my gmail account. It says my cookies SEEM to be disabled...Well they are enabled. I have opened a new window, cleared out cookies, cache and history, restored the freakin device, but it still it SEEMS to think the cookies are disabled for gmail.

Can someone help?

iPod touch, 2nd generation

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 12:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 12:50 PM

Either use a Gmail app, there are many, or set up Gmail in the Apple Mail app on the iPod

4 replies

Apr 18, 2015 12:46 PM in response to lllaass

Well, I added the Gmail app..but still could not access, as then my username and password were not recognized..

I went into Settings in Gmail (on my laptop as I could not log on with the ipod) and allowed for less secure apps on the account...then tried to connect with the ipod..and it worked. So it is a security issue. Now I am more likely to get hacked, but I can get my gmail using my ipod. A tradeoff, I guess.

Now emails load with the Gmail app, and you are right, I still can't access directly with the Google sign-on..if I try I get the Cookies Seem to be Disabled Message. Still love that word "seem"...almost funny.

Thanks for your input, really appreciate it...

says cookies are disabled but they are enabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.