Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yesemite internet problems

Hey guys,

First time posting here 🙂. I have had my iMac for a year or so and i upgraded to Yosemite in that time period. At first everything was working fine and was happy with the upgrade. In the last couple of months the internet connection has been constantly dropping while the wifi is still connected. If I disconnect from the wifi and reconnect the Internet works for around 10 seconds and then drops again. The only way to keep the internet connected is to have something actively downloading (like a YouTube video).

I Have Tried many different things in this article - http://osxdaily.com/2014/10/25/fix-wi-fi-problems-os-x-yosemite/

but nothing has worked. My last idea was to wipe and reinstall but i really don't want to do this. Can anyone offer me any advice on this issue?

P.S I have a laptop on the same network and also on Yosemite and I have had no problems with the Internet.

P.P.S Yosemite version 10.10.2

thanks in advance

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 3:27 AM

1 reply

Yesemite internet problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.