Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer iPhoto between Macbook and iMac

I just managed to transfer my iPhoto contents from MacBook to iMac and thought I would share this.

I needed to do this because my Macbook hard drive is full and I have plenty of space on my iMac.

Connect MacBook and iMac with Ethernet network cable (I found this the fastest way but you may connect via your home network wifi connection as well)

In MacBook, Open Finder and on the left pane under Shared, click on your iMac.

show items as Columns by clicking on third icon on the top pane.

Make a folder somewhere on your iMac by right clicking on white space. (I made a folder under Pictures)

Click on this new folder (which should be second column in the view) and third column will be empty as there are no items in this new folder.

In MacBook, Open iPhoto application, on the left pane click on Photos which will show all your photos in the view.

Now adjust the size of this iPhoto window and above Finder window so you can see them next to each other.

To test, just drag one or two photos from iPhoto window to Finder window in the third column (which is empty as there are no items in this new folder)

If successful, drag other Photos or Videos as required and test by opening this new folder on your iMac. that's it. hope this helps.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Love it!

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 4:32 AM

There are no replies.

Transfer iPhoto between Macbook and iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.