Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

want to install windows 7

i want to install windows 7 home premium to my iMac have partition mac drive 1tb and download wireless keyboard drives and wireless mouse drives.

try to install windows 7 thou my second partition which is ms-dos format it starts to install but when it gets to partition boot camp cannot seem to get,

an further forward please can anybody help me will this.

many thank

m.e.nixon

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 2:48 AM

2 replies

Apr 18, 2015 8:56 AM in response to sony1957

The Boot Camp Assistant can only create a FAT32 MS-DOS partition, but Windows 7 requires NTFS in order to install. When Boot Camp boots to the Win 7 DVD, the very first thing you have to do when it gives you the opportunity is to erase a drive. Choose the Boot Camp partition, which will be name BOOT_CAMP (all Mac formatted partitions will be listed as "unrecognized") and do a quick erase. Win 7 will then be able to install.

Make sure you choose the correct partition to erase. If you have a Mac partition highlighted, it will erase it as NTFS and your OS X partition will be gone.

want to install windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.