Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iBooks

I have an Iphone 5c running OS 8.3 and an ipad 2 running OS8.3 everything syncs between the two, calendars, contacts, photos, mail etc etc. But my PDf's do not sync it as if they are two completely different accounts. Can anyone suggest why this is.

My main home desktop computer is old running OS M.L. with itunes 11.4 so this machine is virtually redundant in context.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 2:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 1:36 PM

What exactly are you trying to sync, bookmarks in the PDFs, or copying the actual PDFs to your other devices/computers ?

PDFs aren't stored in the cloud, they won't copy between your devices and computers through the cloud (only ibooks from the iBookstore will show, whilst they remain in the store and you don't move countries, for redownloading) - you have to sync or copy them onto each device and computer that you want them on

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2015 1:36 PM in response to oreed

What exactly are you trying to sync, bookmarks in the PDFs, or copying the actual PDFs to your other devices/computers ?

PDFs aren't stored in the cloud, they won't copy between your devices and computers through the cloud (only ibooks from the iBookstore will show, whilst they remain in the store and you don't move countries, for redownloading) - you have to sync or copy them onto each device and computer that you want them on

Sync iBooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.