Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I able to update iphoto (USA) for free after installing OS X Yosemite?

I currently do not have access to my photos and the updated iphoto application needed to open them is not available in the US App Store. Is there any way to get access to my photos without paying extra? Thanks for your help.

Soooo disappointed with Apple,

HG

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 5:07 AM

4 replies

Apr 18, 2015 5:42 AM in response to Matt Clifton

Thanks for your help, Matt.

Here's the prompt that comes up when I try to open iphoto.

"In order to open "iphoto", you need to update the latest version. The version of iPhoto installed on this Mac is not compatible with OS X Yosemite. Download the latest version for free from the Mac App Store."

The problem is that when I go to the App Store, the version that is compatible with OS X Yosemite, is not available in the US Mac App Store. So, what to do?

Apr 18, 2015 8:41 AM in response to hgivler

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

Am I able to update iphoto (USA) for free after installing OS X Yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.