Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have same problem as OS X yers made my computer very slow. and i don't see any advantage so for

Hi every one.

I have 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo makbook. I upgraded to os x yersme. Now I am stuck and wondering why i did this as it made my computer very slow. stating time increased, some feature disappeared and I cannot save document In my hard drive using office. I do not want this any more. but the problem is i forgot my old software name. is any one know which would be that preinstalled software name. B. how can i go back to it with less hassle as I am not much of computer person.

thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 2:33 AM

3 replies

Apr 18, 2015 9:35 AM in response to kaarjan

Slow performance after installing Yosemite on an older Mac is often caused by inadequate memory. Although you can install the upgrade on a Mac with 2 GB of memory, experience has shown that at least 4 GB is needed for full performance.

Select About This Mac from the Apple menu. If you have less than 4 GB of memory, and your model has upgradable memory, install as much as it can take, or at least that much. Any reputable RAM vendor will have a web form in which you can select the Mac model and be directed to compatible parts.

Memory in the MacBook Air is not upgradable. If that's what you have, you should restore the previous system from a backup, or replace the machine. Ask if you need guidance.

Apr 18, 2015 10:41 AM in response to kaarjan

Activity Monitor - Mavericks also Yosemite

Activity Monitor in Mavericks has significant changes

Performance Guide

Why is my computer slow

Why your Mac runs slower than it should

Slow Mac After Mavericks

Things you can do to resolve slowdowns see post by Kappy

6 Easy Tips to Speed Up OS X Yosemite on Your Mac

Do a backup, preferably 2 separate ones on 2 separate drives.

Revert to a Previous OS X - Yosemite

Revert Yosemite to Mavericks

If you do revert, I'd use Setup Assistant to restore your data. This process takes a while, so do it when you won't need the computer for several hours, based on my experience.

I have same problem as OS X yers made my computer very slow. and i don't see any advantage so for

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.