Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I fix duplicate iCloud Movies?

This problem only applies to movies I have purchased from the iTunes Store....

Every so often, I find that iTunes does not properly register that I have successfully downloaded a movie, and therefore it downloads it again. On other occasions, iTunes treats the HD and SD versions of the same movie as different movies. This results in many movies showing twice in iTunes (and on any device that uses this shared library, such as an AppleTV.

For movies not purchased through iTunes Store, the fix is simple - delete the movie you don't want. Unfortunately with iTunes Store movies, you're still left with the duplicate movie poster icon, with a cloud symbol in the bottom right corner. The only option then is to start "hiding" these duplicates, but it seems like a very messy solution and I have found that then all copies of the same movie can become "hidden".

Is there a better way to properly fix this issue?

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), 4GHz Intel i7, 32GB RAM, 3TB Fusion

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 3:12 AM

There are no replies.

How do I fix duplicate iCloud Movies?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.