Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import videos into Photos failing

Hi

Have upgraded to 10.10.3, now running Photos 1.0 which has replaced iPhoto. I ran through the process of opening my iphotos library with Photos that seem to go through some kind of conversion which took 30 mins. I can now see all my photos/videos in Photos.

I can import photos from my camera, but not videos. The import tab reveals 5 videos to import from my camera and when I click import it appears to be working and completes with a popup saying something like "5 videos successfully imported".

But when I click on the photos tab, they are missing. Clicking on import tab it again shows the videos as new for import.

Anyone else experienced this / got a solution ??

thanks!

PS I noticed that the videos are actually available in finder in the Masters directory of iphoto.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 6:14 AM

2 replies

Apr 18, 2015 9:41 AM in response to paulito

As a workaround see if you can use Image Capture to upload the videos to a folder on the Desktop and import them from there.

If that's successful reformat the memory card in your camera with the camera, take a test video and see if that will import. Or, if you don't want to reformat the card use a different card in the camera for the test.

User uploaded file

Apr 18, 2015 10:46 AM in response to Old Toad

There's nothing wrong with my camera or memory card - as stated I can actually see the vids in my iphoto library (now Photos library).

I've just tried importing them from this location back into itself! Photos told me that they were already available. So I went ahead anyway and now I can see them!

I will try to rebuild the database in Photos if that is possible.

Thanks!

Import videos into Photos failing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.