Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen turns off when brightness is too high

Well, that was my initial problem. A few months ago, whenever I had my brightness past half way, the screen would randomly turn off. What I would do to fix this issue was to reset it by holding down the power and the home button. Later on, it got worse where it would turn off if the brightness was say over 25%. I still did the reset fix and just kept the brightness low. After a little while, it got even worse than that.

Now, my problem is that the screen just doesn't turn on. If I turn it off and turn it back on, the screen would pop up for about a second and disappear. I can still use the iPod, but only Siri to play music and whatever, but the screen is completely off. I already used my warranty money on this iPod (my last iPod had a different problem so we just bought another) and well to say the least I'm completely ******. No matter how many times I reset it or turn it off and on, it does not work. I've updated it, tried restoring it, everything I could think of and I does not work. I've let it sit in the charger for a whole day and it doesn't work. I've set it out for a week to drain the battery and charged it for a whole day after and still doesn't work. Nothing at all works. If I need to open and get into the iPod itself I will do that.

Any help will work, thanks in advance.

iPod Touch 5th generation

Latest update

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 5:04 AM

2 replies

Apr 18, 2015 7:35 AM in response to Skydiver119

I don't have any warranty after I used it earlier. I live in Japan and I'm unfamiliar with Apple Store's here but I'm sure there could be one. I'm moving back to the states soon where I will get an iPhone but I'd just like for this to be able to run, so I'm not really into having to buy a new one. I was just wondering if there was an easy way to fix it haha, but thanks anyways for the response.

Screen turns off when brightness is too high

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.