Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Express A1084 to my existing Network:

When the unit is first powered on (and after resets) Airport Utility 5.6.1 can see the unit. After selecting "Join a wireless network" with "WPA2 Personal" option and updating the the unit it never connects to my WiFi connection.

I've also tried giving it a static IP and when I do this I get a green / amber flashing light.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Airport Express-OTHER

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 7:43 AM

4 replies

Apr 18, 2015 7:55 AM in response to jgtropical

The A1084 AirPort Express is at least 8+ years old and likely more than 10. Considering that the average life of an AirPort Express is about 5 years, it may likely be time to replace the device, since it should have failed 4-5 years ago.

Although it probably will not help at all, you could try a few more factory default resets as a last resort to see if the Express will start up correctly. If you are still having problems after a few more tries, the Express is not going to improve.

Apr 18, 2015 9:20 AM in response to jgtropical

Just purchased used

And, there just might be a reason that the seller was selling the old Express, although I am sure that he / she said the device was fine.

What is strange is that when the unit is reset to factory setting I can see it in Airport Utility

Not strange at all that a defective Express can be reset to default settings. The issue is that it cannot store or hold new configuration settings, which is a trademark of an older product that soon will not be able to even power up at all.

You should return the defective product to the seller for a refund.

Airport Express A1084 to my existing Network:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.