Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Powerbeats2 and iPod nano (7) Bluetooth

Hello. My songs kee cutting out when I'm jogging. I have new powerbeats2 wireless connected by blue tooth to my new iPod nano 7th generation. If I put the iPod in my pocket the songs cut out. If I hold it in my hand the music cuts out. i have to hold my hand up a little and not cover the iPod at all. It's like their literally has to be an invisible straight line from the power source of the powerbeats2 to the bottom of the iPod With no body parts or clothes in the way of sight of the bluetooth. This seems absolutely ridiculous. I don't expect the blue tooth to reach 30 feet but it should be able to reach 3 feet. And what the point Of running with the iPod if I have to hold it in the air or keep it in plain sight of the headset. Are my devices broke?thank u.

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 5:47 AM

1 reply

Apr 18, 2015 6:45 PM in response to SinCityBlue03

Hi, I had a similar issue with my Bose SoundLink mini where if i put anything in between the path of my iPhone and my Speaker, the audio quality turns to garbage, and starts to break up. The way I solved it was by wiping all devices off of the speaker by pressing down and holding the mute button (I'm not sure how to do that on Power Beats, but I'm sure you can find that out somewhere on the web) and forgetting the device on my iPhone, then re-pairing the two. If this does not solve the problem, I would recommend calling Apple Support (1 (800) 676-2775) and explaining the problem, and they will most likely be able to help you with both because Apple now owns Beats. If they say something to the effect of "Oh, yea, this is not covered by warranty, we can offer you a trade-in sort of thing where you give you the old product, then pay like half the price of the product, we will then send you a new iPod/Headphones" then tell them you would like to speak to their supervisor, I broke my Beats last year, they told me that if I sent in my old headphones, and paid like $150 they would send me a new pair. I asked to speak to the supervisor and they set me up with a new pair, free of charge, no questions asked. I hope this helps!

Powerbeats2 and iPod nano (7) Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.