Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hope that Apple reads this.

Purchased and Imac in 2011...great machine and still believe so. However just as the warantee ran out the mother board and hard drive faild.. This cost me a fortune to repair as there was no comprehencion from Apple. Since then Apple service have repaced three hard drives as well as having to leave the iMac on several other occasions due to OS issues not allowning start up. I have tried to discuss this Apple and all I get is YOU ARE OUT OF WARANTEE. I am not even asking for free service I just want to bring to their attention that here we have a real problem machine and the number of times it has been for hard drive replacements etc..are not aceptable.

I guess this is what come from not wanting to listern to the customers.

I dont expect any reply but want to tell sombody.

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 11:57 PM

This is a user-to-user support site in which Apple participates only in a very limited manner. To contact Apple use the Contact Us link below right.

3 replies

Apr 22, 2015 12:06 AM in response to Paulbernard

I do understand your frustration. I too own a mind 2011 iMac and I absolutely love it. While I cannot advise you how to bring those issues to Apple's attention, I can probably share with you a tip that helped me in the past. If you bought the machine using a credit card, you may be automatically eligible for an extended warranty (not from Apple, but from the credit card company). I bought mine with a visa credit card, So, when I had my GPU replaced at the Apple Store outside of the 1 year standard warranty, visa reimbursed me the repair costs (about $250).

Also, I see you mentioned hard drive. At that time when my GPU failed, I also had a HDD issue and Apple replaced my HDD for free. There was a replacement program at that time for faulty Seagate 1TB HDDs used in some of the 2011 27" iMacs. I don't know if they are still running that program.

And this weekend, the AMD 6970M GPU failed again. I went to the Apple Store today thinking I had to pay $250 again, but was told that there is currently a replacement program for that GPU used in some of the Mid 2011 27" iMacs and that I will not be charged for it. This program did not exist when I had my earlier repair done.

So, I think Apple is looking at the issues reported and repairs done on various models and is working on appropriate replacement programs. Anyway, just wanted to share my experience with my iMac.

Apr 22, 2015 12:06 AM in response to poluris82

Many thanks for the advice.With regards to the HDD replacement program I found that my Imac did not qualify 😟 . The local outsourced Apple service centre said that they would get back to me today to see if I can claim the HDD replacemnet under warantee from from the previous HHD replacement. Luckly the HDD have been failing within their one year warantee. This is so strange as I am not even a heavy user of the machine.

Maybe all of this is telling me I need a new Imac$$

Hope that Apple reads this.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.