Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does charging an off iphone 6 will auto turn on after unplug power?

I'll turned my iphone 6 off after plug it in to charge every night before sleep, after I wake up from sleeping my iphone 6 will turn on automatically (with fully charged).

i tried to plug in power and off the phone & unplug it again, & my iphone will auto turn on...

Is this normal?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 6:06 AM

9 replies

Sep 21, 2015 2:37 AM in response to djnbsc51

From reading the thread, the consensus seems to be that it wasn't a feature, it was a bug that was fixed. There isn't much reason to turn the phone off when charging, however, as one of my associates recently tested and found that charging when the phone is off saves less than 5 minutes in time to full charge. And if you turn it off to avoid be bothered with alerts and calls there's Do Not Disturb mode. I never turn my phone off.

Oct 17, 2015 8:58 PM in response to djnbsc51

HI djnbsc51, I have an iPhone 6s Plus and have noticed the same thing as you. When I unplug my iPhone from the charger the screen does not come on. It use to. I actually think it has come on a couple times. But usually it does not. I'm not sure if this behavior started with iOS 9 or with the purchase of the 6s Plus.

Update: I had my iPhone charging for about 30 minutes and decided to unplug it from the charger to see what happened. The screen came on! The battery was only at 40% charged. Usually I charge my phone overnight and when I unplug it from the charger the battery is 100% charged and the screen does not come on. I wonder if others are noticing this behavior. Hm...Maybe this is intentional on Apple's part. If your phone is not fully charged the screen comes on to show you more charging needs to be done. If the battery is fully charged there is no need for the screen to come on as your battery is good to go.

Why does charging an off iphone 6 will auto turn on after unplug power?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.