Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new i photo app...AWFULL. No events shown...cannot add or change the music for a slideshow...It was so easy before

What has happened!!??? Slideshow set up was so easy before...now I cannot change the music ..have looked at the instructions,,no good, does not work. WAS SO EASY BEFORE.

also, where are my EVENTS files???

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 3:29 PM

The music pane is accessed at the right in the slideshow window:

User uploaded file

However, the music is listed by albums and it's hard to search. It's not like it was in iPhoto, sort by title, artist or length. Tell Apple what additional features you want in Photos via https://www.apple.com/feedback/photos.html

User uploaded file

6 replies

Apr 19, 2015 9:46 AM in response to Consuelo Montero

Moments in Photo are the new Events. There's a way to simulate events in Photos.

When the library was first migrated there was a folder created titled iPhoto Events and all migrated iPhoto Events are represented by an album in the folder. To open the sidebar if it's not open use the Option+Command+S key combination.

When new photos are imported into the Photos library go to the Last Import smart album, select all the photos and use the File New Album menu option or use the key combination Command+N. Name it as desired. It will appear just above the iPhoto Events folder where you can drag it into the iPhoto Events folder

When you click on the iPhoto Events folder you'll get a simulated iPhoto Events window.

The downside to the simulation is that the Album/Events can only be sorted automatically by Title. But they can be sorted manually. Ask Apple for more sorting options in Photos via https://www.apple.com/feedback/photos.html.

Now if you want to merge Album A into Album B click on Album A in the sidebar. Select all of the photos in A and drag them onto the Album B icon in the sidebar. Check to make sure all of the photos are in Album B and before deleting Album A.

Apr 19, 2015 2:19 PM in response to Consuelo Montero

When iPhoto Library was migrated, all Events became Albums and were located in a folder called iPhoto Events.

Dragging one album on top of another creates a folder with both albums inside. Selecting all images in one album and dragging them on top of another album will add them. You then can delete the album you no longer want.

Yeah, I miss the functionality of Events, too...

new i photo app...AWFULL. No events shown...cannot add or change the music for a slideshow...It was so easy before

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.