Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do i have to do anything if i just downloaded mackeepr, even though I didn't enter the password to confirm the installation?

I am using a Mac OS X, version 10.7.5, the processor speed is 1.16 GHz, & Memory is 2GB, & storage capacity is 3 TB & 999.35 GB.

I tried going on to "www.battlenet.com" when I found MacKeeper, it told me about there being a virus on the computer, & it did something about a computer scan. After that, it led me to MACKeeper.com(I think), & I downloaded MacKeeper. After downloading MacKeeper, like what you normally would do, I went to install the program. At the point where you are about to enter the password for authentication, I decided to ignore the program. A few minutes later, I decided to check back on it, by looking up what it was. That wounded me up to the "Do Not Install Mackeeper | Apple Support Communities".

Since I did not officially install MacKeeper, but I still downloaded, should I do something, if so, what is it?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Anti-Virus situation

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 6:57 AM

1 reply

Do i have to do anything if i just downloaded mackeepr, even though I didn't enter the password to confirm the installation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.