Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help, about x lion 10.7 work in mac pro 2011 (snow leopard 10.6.6)

hellooooo!!

, I have a Mac Pro 2011, 2.7, i7 13pol, and I ended up losing my hd, put a new HD and formatted,

the problem that my dvds that came with the MacPro (snow leopard 10.6.6) are damaged,

I called the service and support and I recommend buying the snow leopard again on store-bought but came to version 10.6.3 snow leopard,

conclusion ...

three beeps and not install, after a fight I got my money back and bought the cd X lion 10.7 installation, I wonder if will be installed without problems now in my notebook?

x lion will work or I will have to check the version of snow leopard 10.6.6 or higher? thank you very much

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 7:03 AM

Lion should install with no difficulty. However be advised that there is no Lion CD. It would be a pirate version and possibly have malware on it.

You will have to purchase it from the online Apple store:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/D6106Z/A/os-x-lion

Duplicate Snow Leopard installation disks can be obtained from Apple Customer Service. You have to supply them the serial number of the MBP and there is a fee.

Ciao.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2015 7:03 AM in response to silvafromjundiai

Lion should install with no difficulty. However be advised that there is no Lion CD. It would be a pirate version and possibly have malware on it.

You will have to purchase it from the online Apple store:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/D6106Z/A/os-x-lion

Duplicate Snow Leopard installation disks can be obtained from Apple Customer Service. You have to supply them the serial number of the MBP and there is a fee.

Ciao.

Help, about x lion 10.7 work in mac pro 2011 (snow leopard 10.6.6)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.