Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hot Corners Stopped Working?

Hi,

My hot corners keep ceasing from working and aslo some windows go transparent for short period of time. Im not sure if these issues are related but it all revolves around the desktop function. I'm wondering if its something to do with the latest OS X as ive never had this issue before the operating system update...

I have a iMac 27 inch, 3.4GHz i7 with Yosemite 10.10.2

Cheers

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 7:34 AM

3 replies

Apr 18, 2015 8:18 AM in response to SlackS88

Third-party products called "Sane Desk" and "Synergy" have been reported to disable hot corners. If applicable, remove that software according to the developers' instructions. Otherwise, see below.

Back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Quit the application if it's running. Move the selected item to the Desktop, leaving the window open. Relaunch the application and test. If there's no change, quit again and put the item you moved back where it was, overwriting the one that may have been created in its place. Otherwise, delete the item you moved. If possible, restore it from a backup that predates the problem.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Aug 7, 2015 2:35 PM in response to SlackS88

I have the first part of your problem - my hot corners suddenly stop working and I can't figure out the reason.

However I've just managed to solve it by pasting this command line in Terminal:

killall -KILL Dock

This is usually used to fix problems with the Dock, but it is kind of workaround for the time being.

Please let me know if it helps.

Hot Corners Stopped Working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.