Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my iMessages so they are sent from my cell phone number instead of my email?

I have looked at at least 10 different Apple Support Questions with close to the same question as me but they all give the same answer, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and then i will be able to click the checkmark on my phone number instead of my email. Theres only one problem, my phone number isn't an option! It says my email and that is it. How can i change this so that i send iMessages from my phone number instead of my email?

All it says on the Send & Receive part is Apple ID: (my email) and then underneath it is YOU CAN BE REACHED BY IMESSAGE AT with again my email this time with a check on the left hand side at the beginning of my email and the i with the circle around it on the right hand side of my email. Underneath it says Add Another Email but it will not let me put my phone number instead of an email. I have also tried clicking the i but all that does it bring me to another page where it asks if i would like to remove this email.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 6:49 AM

4 replies

Apr 19, 2015 3:19 AM in response to _Riddley_

As Meg St._Clair point out ..

Open Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.

This will bring up a list of how you can be reached by iMessage. Simply make sure only your phone number is checked.

Also, if you have iMessage on your Mac or iPad, you need to do the same there too.

To adjust it on a Mac, open Messages and navigate to the top menu bar and select Messages > Preferences > Accounts > Settings.

Once again, from the list that appears, make sure only your phone number is selected.

How do I change my iMessages so they are sent from my cell phone number instead of my email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.