Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i bought time capsule because my macbook air is at capacity. can i safely delete apps and pictures once i complete my backup on time machine?

i bought time capsule hoping to solve the issue of maxed out storage on my macbook air. can i safely delete my pictures and videos from my macbook once i have it backed up via time capsule? will it be easy to find the pictures again?

Time Capsule-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 8:16 AM

5 replies

Apr 18, 2015 8:37 AM in response to Americraic

Americraic wrote:

Ugh really? I can't believe I wasted $300 on it then because the whole reason I bought it was to move pictures over to it as an external hard drive. I had bought a seagate and it wouldn't work with my computer for some reason.

I wonder if i can return the airport after opening it...

It is an external drive, and you should just move pictures to it, you don't need Time Machine to use it as extra storage. But it will not be backed up that way. The Seagate should have worked, what was the error when you tried to use it?

i bought time capsule because my macbook air is at capacity. can i safely delete apps and pictures once i complete my backup on time machine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.