Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I select which bluetooth speakers to play out of? My iPod connects to both kitchen and living room speakers. My old iPod had a selection icon on the now playing screen, but my new one doesn't.

Hi,

Our setup

• A new iPod Touch 5 with iOS 8.3.
  • Living room speakers that use a Logitech Bluetooth Audio Adapter.
  • Kitchen speakers that use an AmazonBasics Bluetooth 4.0 Audio Receiver.

The iPod connects to both but always wants to play to the kitchen. To play in the living room, we have to unplug the power to the kitchen speakers. Bluetooth settings screen doesn't let you select between Bluetooth connections. All I seem to be able to do is forget the connection.

We also have an old iPod Touch (not sure of the generation, but it has iOS 6.1.6). On that one, there is a little icon on the now playing screen that would open a little pull-down menu to let you select which Bluetooth connection to use for playing audio.

I don't see the "select output" icon on the new now playing screen

???

Jimmy

PS the iPod seems very aggressive in connecting. I hear the living room speakers activate when my wife gets out of the car in the driveway. Then as she comes into the living room, the sound switches to the kitchen.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 7:36 AM

Try pulling up the Control Center

2 replies

Apr 18, 2015 10:22 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks, this was the clue I needed to figure it out.

• From Settings you can pull up Control Center.
  • In Control Center you can enable "Access from within Apps" (also "Access from Lockscreen")

Now when I'm playing music, I can swipe up from the bottom and a little control center window slides up. Neat - this is new since my old iPod. On this window, the name of the current Bluetooth connection appears. Tap on that, and a list of connected Bluetooth items appears. I just tap on the one I want to connect to and I am now playing through the speakers I want.

Jimmy

How do I select which bluetooth speakers to play out of? My iPod connects to both kitchen and living room speakers. My old iPod had a selection icon on the now playing screen, but my new one doesn't.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.