Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cinemapro1-2

I just wanted to download photoshop for free so I downloaded a different file. When I realised it was virus I deleted everything related as quickly as I could. But then I came across computerpro1-2 on my launchpad. I held it and no "X" came up so I tried to move it to the trash and it wouldn't go in. I freaked out and thought of what to do so i clicked on it and a small window came up saying it was protected my copyright and if I wanted to delete it I would have to move it to the trash. This confused me because i knew that it wouldn't let me. Someone please help me!!!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 9:00 AM

5 replies

Apr 18, 2015 3:49 PM in response to Eliza1744

There is no need to download anything to solve this problem. You installed the "CinemaPro" trojan. Take the steps below to disable it.

Malware is always changing to get around the defenses against it. This procedure works as of now, as far as I know. It may not work in the future. Anyone finding this comment a few days or more after it was posted should look for a more recent discussion, or start a new one.

Back up all data before continuing.

1. Triple-click the line below on this page to select it, then copy the text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C:

~/Library/LaunchAgents

In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return. A folder named "LaunchAgents" will open.

2. Inside the folder you just opened, there may be files with a name beginning in any of the following ways:

cinema-plus

cinemas-+-plus

com.cinemapro

com.extensions

Safari Security

shopy-mate

UpdateDownloader

Move all such items to the Trash.

Log out or restart the computer. The trojan will now be inactive, but there are a few more components of it that should be cleaned up.

3. Do as in Step 1 with this line:

~/Library

A folder named "Library" will open. Inside it there may be a subfolder with a name beginning

cinemapro

If so, move that subfolder—not the Library folder—to the Trash.

4. Open this folder in the same way as above:

~/Library/ScriptingAdditions

and remove an item named

BrowserHelper.osax

if present.

5. Open this folder in the same way as above:

~/Applications

This is not the usual Applications folder, but a different one inside your home folder. Look for an application with a name beginning like this:

cinemapro

and move it to the Trash, if present.

Empty the Trash.

6. From the Safari menu bar, select

Safari Preferences... Extensions

Uninstall all extensions you don't know you need. If in doubt, remove all of them. None is required for normal operation. Do the equivalent in the Chrome and Firefox browsers, if you use either of those.

Apr 22, 2015 7:49 AM in response to Eliza1744

Eliza1744 wrote:

I came across computerpro1-2 on my launchpad.

You're sure this is "computerpro1-2", and not "cinemapro1-2"? The latter is known adware. If you're seeing the former, it may be a new variant of that adware that no current removal instructions will entirely remove.

If you decide to try Eric's recommendation for AdwareMedic, and it doesn't entirely remove the adware, please choose Take System Snapshot from the Scanner menu. Then submit that snapshot to The Safe Mac (ie, me), and I'll help you figure out what else needs to be removed.

(Fair disclosure: I may receive compensation from links to my sites, TheSafeMac.com and AdwareMedic.com.)

cinemapro1-2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.