Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie ver 10.0.7 keeps prompting to update even after being fully installed?

iMovie keeps prompting to update even after the update is fully installed and updated from the Mac App Store. How do I stop this?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), imovie 10.0.7

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 9:25 AM

2 replies

Apr 21, 2015 9:30 AM in response to pils

Howdy there pils,

It sounds like you have updated iMovie to the latest version, but you still see an update for it in the Mac App Store. I would first verify that there is only 1 copy of iMovie in the Applications folder. If so, then I would next delete iMovie with this article:

OS X Yosemite: Install, update, and uninstall apps

Apps downloaded from the Mac App Store: Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock, hold down an app’s icon until all the icons begin to jiggle, then click an app’s delete button User uploaded file. If you later want the app, you can reinstall it from the Mac App Store.

Then re download it from your purchases with this article:

Mac App Store: Finding your purchased apps

That should stop the false update flag from appearing again.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

May 21, 2015 7:06 AM in response to sterling r

Thanks that helped and i sorted out the glitch. But then i see iMovie 10.0.8 awaiting download and thats 2GB! Isn't there some incremental way to update without having to download the whole app software. This is been a recurring issue right through the history of Ver 10. And the downloads tab in Apple/Support is also not too helpful as it only seems to point towards Ver 9. Where i live 2gb downloads can be a test of nerves and time!

iMovie ver 10.0.7 keeps prompting to update even after being fully installed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.