Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incorrect artist name for all songs by that artist

Recently something weird has happened to my music library on my iPhone 5S (iOS 8.2 before, but I've updated to 8.3 and still the issue persists). All the songs by a particular artist have the artist name listed wrongly. For example, I have about 50 Katy Perry songs from her 3 albums, and all of them are listed as "Katy Perry & Snoop Dogg", which is, by the way, the artist name for ONLY California Gurls. Funny thing is, the artist names display correctly on iTunes on my MacBook Pro. I've checked the info for the songs, and the names are correct under both Details and Sorting. This happens for a few other artists as well.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

I've tried deleting the songs from my iPhone and re-syncing them back, still the same. I've tried changing the artist, album artist info for the songs, doesn't help. I've even re-synced my entire music library to my iPhone but that didn't work either.

Probably a bug but is there a workaround or a fix for this?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 8:26 AM

There are no replies.

Incorrect artist name for all songs by that artist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.