Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone not holding a connection

I have the iphone 5 with updates current. However, my phone continuously drops internet connection, whether it be wi-fi, 3G, or LTE. No one else around me has this problem in my house, car, stores, etc. I read a blog where someone recommended updating my Verizon carrier service to 20.1.1; however, I do not have the ability to do this on my phone...the phone only gives me details about my carrier status, not the ability to update. Does anyone have any info on how to keep my phone from continuously dropping and/or why this would happen to a minimally used phone in great condition?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 8:27 AM

1 reply

Apr 18, 2015 8:33 AM in response to blajen6

To update the carrier settings go to Settings/General/About and tap on the carrier name. If there is an update this will install it.

If there is none, or if that doesn't fix the problem, go to Settings/General/Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.

And the next step in escalation is to connect the phone to your computer (making sure it has the latest version of iTunes), click on its icon in iTunes, and click Restore iPhone. Then set it up as a new phone. If you still have the problem without installing any apps or setting up email, you have a hardware problem. If the problem is resolved try restoring your backup.

phone not holding a connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.