Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone lost bluetooth speaker, not can't find it

In the middle of a song my iPhone lost contact with my bluetooth speaker. Bluetooth is on, but the iPhone cannot locate the speaker, or any other bluetooth devices. The speaker works perfectly with my wife's iPhone. Is there something wrong with my iPhone?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 8:05 AM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2015 7:41 AM in response to TDBrandt

Hello TDBrandt,

It seems you are experiencing Bluetooth connection issues. The following article provides troubleshooting steps which may help you find a solution:

iOS: Troubleshooting Bluetooth connections - Apple Support

Follow these steps first:

1. Check that you are in range of the Bluetooth accessory with which you are trying to pair your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Most Bluetooth accessories have a range of approximately 30 feet.
  2. On your iOS device, tap Settings > Bluetooth and find your device in the list. If your device says Not Connected, tap the name of your accessory to attempt to connect it.
  3. Tap Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and then on again.
  4. Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory is turned on and fully charged or connected to power.
  5. Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory is in pairing mode.1
  6. Restart your iOS device.
  7. Tap Settings > Bluetooth and locate the Bluetooth accessory you are currently connected to or attempting to connect to. Then tap User uploaded file and "Forget this Device". Try to pair your Bluetooth accessory again.

You may need to enter your Bluetooth accessory PIN again if your accessory requires one. Some common PINs are 0000, 1111, and 1234.

8. Restart your Bluetooth accessory by turning it off and then on again1.
  9. Update your device to the latest version of software. See how to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  10. If your Bluetooth accessory has upgradable firmware, check to see that you have the latest version

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Bobby_D

iphone lost bluetooth speaker, not can't find it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.