Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5s connection issues

I upgraded from my iPhone 4 to an iphone 5s 2 days ago and at first it wouldn't connect to my home wifi. Once I did finally get it to connect another problem came up which is the fact that it says it's connected but whenever I try to use something with internet on my iphone it says that there I no connection but in the top left it has full bars for wifi which doesn't make sense to me. Some extra information my iPhone is fully updated and it works just fine on my friends wif. Plus I have reset it multiple times.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 8:15 AM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2015 7:42 AM in response to ddogjackson

Hello, ddogjackson.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

This sounds like you may be experiencing a self-assigned IP address. Try power cycling your router and testing the results. If the issue persists, I would recommend going through all of the steps in the article below.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

Cheers,

Jason H.

iphone 5s connection issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.