Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM Card Issues

My partner has a bad battery in her iPhone 5s, which will be sent away next week, but Ive now lent her my old iPhone 5s (both unlocked with Three) but her Three SIM card is not being recognised by my iPhone.

My iPhone was restored to factory settings but when her SIM card is installed a prompt states "No SIM Card Installed. Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone."

When the SIM is back in her iPhone, it works as it should, even checked to see if there is a SIM lock on but it is switched OFF so I am not sure on what else I can do?

I have not tried connecting to the laptop with iTunes, as I just need to install a few updates first. Is there anything else I can do?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 8:48 AM

2 replies

Apr 21, 2015 8:03 AM in response to Wesley949

Greetings Wesley949,

It seems you are unable to use a SIM card in an additional device. This may be due to your carrier and how they setup their SIM cards. The following article provides further information:

iOS: Understanding the SIM PIN - Apple Support

Note: Some carriers provide SIM cards with a default SIM PIN already enabled. Contact your carrier to find out what your default SIM PIN code is.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Bobby_D

Apr 21, 2015 8:16 AM in response to bobby_d

thanks for your reply. I think the fault might be with the iPhone 5s itself. My partner told me she opened the SIM tray using an ear-ring instead of the correct tool, so even using an O2 pay as you go SIM that I knew worked as I was using that, now also displays the SIM fault message. Think I need to send this away to get repaired.

SIM Card Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.