Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can MP3 Audiobooks be downloaded to iPod Nano?

Thru my library, they use OverDrive Media Console to transfer books to your device. Once I transfer the MP3 Audiobook it tells me it is on my device though I cannot find it anywhere. I believe it is actually just downloaded onto my computer and it shows the "Apple Device" as the player. This makes me think MP3 Audiobooks are not compatible though I did listen to one recently on my iPod. I just have not been able to get any more to transfer on!

Thanks in advance for any thoughts....

iPod nano, Windows 8

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 10:50 AM

3 replies

Apr 30, 2015 3:49 PM in response to Rosie McCann

"I am having same problem although using WMA format."

Neither iPods nor iTunes support WMA. Assuming you're running iTunes for Windows, you should be able to convert WMA to AAC or MP3 (iTunes uses one of the Windows audio codecs to do this) - see Importing Windows Media Audio files with iTunes for Windows - Apple Support.

Regarding the original issue, Zeph is correct that iTunes and iPod should be able to play any MP3 file. However, you may also want to investigate Chapter and Verse, a nice (and free!) Windows utility that will convert MP3 files (as well as other formats) to Apple's m4b audiobook format, with full control over definition of Chapters, etc.

Can MP3 Audiobooks be downloaded to iPod Nano?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.