Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 8.2.1(6) installed with OSX 10.6.8 Combo Upg on Mini: NO Radio Stations?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Kept to run Adobe CS2 Suite

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 11:17 AM

5 replies

Apr 18, 2015 12:58 PM in response to Klaus1

The OP is running iTunes 8. I do not see them in iTunes 7.5 either and it has been that way for quite some time now. I believe Apple has changed the way streaming stations are reported to iTunes and old versions no longer work. However, if you know the URL you can paste that in as a stream URL and save the stream in a regular playlist.

Apr 19, 2015 11:11 AM in response to Klaus1

Thanks,

Seems the problem was the iTunes8.2.6. Why THAT came with OS10.6.8ComboUpg when my old G5 PPC OS10.5.8 had iT10.6.3. - Idunno - guess that's rhetorical now. Downloaded iT10.6.3 would not install ! Software update finally worked (?), and gave me a bunch of stuff, including iT10.6.3. Short-story-long, Radio's all there, by 5am I was so freekin happy. What I learned from the days of SCSI - Never quit bangin on the thing.

ps: How'd you guys know I had a CAT?

Apr 19, 2015 11:33 AM in response to Limnos

Thanks,

Seems the problem was the iTunes8.2.6. Why THAT came with OS10.6.8ComboUpg when my old G5 PPC OS10.5.8 had iT10.6.3. - Idunno - guess that's rhetorical now. Downloaded iT10.6.3 would not install ! Software update finally worked (?), and gave me a bunch of stuff, including iT10.6.3. Short-story-long, Radio's all there, by 5am I was so freekin happy. What I learned from the days of SCSI - Never quit bangin on the thing.

ps: How'd you guys know I had a CAT?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.