Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting apps on iphone4s

I Want to delete some of the unused apps on my iPhone 4s but can find no way of doing this. When I touch and hold the app it wobbles but no cross appears as it would on my iPad. Any help would be welcome.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 8:31 AM

Depends on the apps you want to delete. Some apps you cannot. (e.g. Watch)

Remove Apple watch app

8 replies

Apr 18, 2015 8:34 AM in response to mdd1

mdd1 wrote:

I Want to delete some of the unused apps on my iPhone 4s but can find no way of doing this. When I touch and hold the app it wobbles but no cross appears as it would on my iPad. Any help would be welcome.

You cannot delete built in apps. If this issue occurs on apps from the app store, you have probably disabled deleting apps in Settings/General/Restrictions.

Apr 18, 2015 8:40 AM in response to mdd1

If you hold so they wiggle and scoot them off to the "right" on new windows as far as you can go you won't be bothered by them.

Edit
you should also be able to drop one on top of the other which forces you to give the folder a name and keep them corralled...

See this picture of example

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--nXoJHkdi--/18ix6d3he0hvljpg. jpgUser uploaded file

Deleting apps on iphone4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.