Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect to SquirrelMail with Mac OS X Mail client

I am working with an organization whose email is running on SquirrelMail. When I try to set it up as a new account in my Mac OS X Mail client, I choose IMAP, enter the email server name, password, etc. but once the account is created I keep getting the message, "Mail can't connec to the account... Enter the password." I have checked and double checked that the password is correct because I can log onto the account via the webmail portal. Any ideas on special configuration settings necessary for SquirrelMail on the Mac OS X Mail client?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 9:29 AM

Hello jsgrubb,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are trying to set up your email on your Mac but are receiving an alert. To ensure that the correct steps are being followed to set up the account, I would first recommend reading over the following attached article.

Mac Basics: Use Mail on your Mac - Apple Support

If you are still unable to set up the account, it may be necessary to contact the provider of the account to verify the correct Mail settings for the account.

Mail settings you might need from your email provider - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2015 9:29 AM in response to jsgrubb

Hello jsgrubb,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are trying to set up your email on your Mac but are receiving an alert. To ensure that the correct steps are being followed to set up the account, I would first recommend reading over the following attached article.

Mac Basics: Use Mail on your Mac - Apple Support

If you are still unable to set up the account, it may be necessary to contact the provider of the account to verify the correct Mail settings for the account.

Mail settings you might need from your email provider - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Can't connect to SquirrelMail with Mac OS X Mail client

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.