Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv disconnects when pc sleeps

My apple tv does not wake my apple pc

when the pc sleeps i loose the connection in the middle of a movie i have to go to another room and log in

I don't want to leave my pc open for other to use

can anybody help please

regards

Gary

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 4:11 PM

In order to use home sharing or AirPlay through iTunes the computer needs to be awake and running the program. The display can go to sleep, but once the computer does the connection will be lost.

6 replies

Apr 20, 2015 2:42 AM in response to vazandrew

Thank you Vazandrew

I presume in you last reply you meant to say

"As I said the display can go to sleep, or you can have a screensaver running and if you've setup a login password it would be required to login "

Not

As I said the display can go to sleep, or you can have a screensaver running and if you've setup a login password it would be required to exit

I have the setup you mention but the screen saver does not ask for a password to get in it just open the desktop and gives full access i spent a lot of time yesterday looking for a feature called screen saver/password required

Could I ask please for some more guidance / help ??

regards

Gary

Apr 20, 2015 5:32 AM in response to Gary Costello

What I meant was the screensaver will kick in and in order to get out of the screensaver, and back to the desktop, you will need a password if you have one required to login to the computer upon startup. You can set the screensaver timing in the system preferences. If you don't have a password setup that would be done via system preferences - users & groups

Apple tv disconnects when pc sleeps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.