Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I gave my wife my Iphone 6 and managed to change my apple ID to her's, however her iMessages keep coming my devices. How do I change this?

I gave my wife my Iphone 6 and managed to change my apple ID to her's, however her iMessages keep coming my devices. How do I change this?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 9:11 AM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2015 8:09 AM in response to Cross Mangoes

Hi Cross Mangoes,

It appears you are receiving unwanted iMessages on your device. Have you reviewed the settings for Messages? You may be signed in to the incorrect Apple ID. The following article provides troubleshooting steps which may help:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sign out and back in to iMessage and FaceTime

1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  3. On your iPhone first, sign back in to iMessage and Facetime.
  4. Sign back in to iMessage and Facetime on your other devices.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Bobby_D

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.