Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV resolution

I Am considering cutting the cable cord with the new Apple TV on the horizon. I have a 3rd generation Apple TV. But there is an obvious reduction in resolution when watching programs streamed on HBO or Hulu Plus or anything else through the Apple TV as compared to recordings through Comcast ON DEMAND. I've checked my settings and they are correct. Anyone else??

Apple TV, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 9:11 AM

14 replies

Apr 20, 2015 5:45 AM in response to vazandrew

WWell, resolution is my curiosity. In the end, unless something changes, I know that watching a program that has been recorded on cable or view a series available through On Demand with Comcast, it is a much better viewing experience than watching through the Apple TV. I don't want this to be the case, my entire home is Apple. One would think that anything available on or through Apple TV, including streaming music, would be of the highest quality making the decision of where to watch or listen a no brainer.

Apple TV resolution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.