Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

image sequence

I spent a lot of time testing a simple way to export frames from FCPX, import into AF and export the result as image sequence into FCPX again, preserving the color match.

My problem starts when i use Compressor to transform the sequence into a video ( Prores 4444 or 10 bit uncompressed) color and brightness doesn't mach the original while the single file if imported into Final Cut is perfectly tuned. I tested a gamma correction in many way, final result can be very close to the original but not perfect.

The only way to work is abandon frame sequence and use 10 bit uncompressed mov as export format to AF and as render format to FCPX, as far as i know Compressor introduces some brightness shift i cannot control.

At the end of day the only workaround i use to work with image sequence is import all frames into FCPX as single images and create a compound that contains all the frame. Then i resample the speed to fit the right frame rate ( 25 f/sec in my case)

Can anybody help me with an easy solution? Did you experiment a procedure to produce a video from a frame sequence that fits the original gamma? I made tons of tests using the gamma adjustment in compressor disabling the automatico conversion, but i cannot succeed.

Thank you for any help

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 12:10 PM

2 replies

image sequence

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.