Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microphone malfunctions

My phone call recipients have trouble hearing me clearly. It's not my service or signal which makes me believe the microphone has problems.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 10:55 AM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2015 10:28 AM in response to DOS1.20.83

Hello there, DOS.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great technical steps for troubleshooting a potential hardware issue with your iPhone microphone:

If your voice is too faint or sounds unclear using iPhone, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This test will allow you to determine if the issue is the microphone itself, try the following:

Test the microphone

To find out if there is an issue with the microphone itself—and not the app you're using or your cellular connection—test the microphone with the built-in Voice Memos app. Speak into the microphone and then play back the recording. You should be able to hear your voice clearly.

User uploaded file

If the issue persists then follow through the "Fix Common Issues" to continue finding a solution.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

microphone malfunctions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.