Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not sure how to explain this

Once or twice when i click on a pic to download it it comes up as this blank white paper in my downloads, no biggie i just find another one of the same pic and it shows up fine as an image. Today I clicked on 3 links (multiple times) to download something and they all came up as this white black piece of paper that give me the "no app to open it pop up window thing".

well now i want to know what it is and what setting to i change to stop it from happening.

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 10:11 AM

6 replies

Apr 18, 2015 11:17 AM in response to lllaass

the image is not important now, it was just an example. It's when I download a torrent and only since this morning as in few minutes ago. I have never had this problem before. during the time since the post i went and checked the utorrent application and it had the crossed out circle over it. after several minutes of fighting i was able to reinstall it, for some reason the dmg would open but with the same thing over the icon, and my avast would say it blocked a threat which i don't get cause they were working together for years before. So like i said, i was able to reinstall utorrent and restarted but when i clicked the link again that same F***ing stupid white paper showed up again.

Apr 18, 2015 11:31 AM in response to Csound1

thanks for the tip. But i've been downloading torrent for a number of years now 100% safe thus far, I don't use random site and stuff like that. Today i did nothing out of the ordinary when this problem started or happened.

Right now it's halfway fixed, I like to know why stuff happens and any ways to prevent them so maybe i can help someone else one day (you know, pay it forward)

Apr 18, 2015 11:39 AM in response to Ranger175

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE:

I posted an update before but i'm doing so many things for some reason I don't think it went through. (or i'm just really tired)

So utorrent is back up and running, Avast is running on all cylinders and the icon is now clickable and functions like it's supposed to, only thing now it that it doesn't have the usually utorrent icon as an icon. utorrent is set as the default

Not sure how to explain this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.