Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i seem not to be able to download the driver files/bundles for win 7 x64 USB 3.0 support on Mac Pro

problem with VM on Mac Pro 2013 due to "missing" apple drivers for windows 7 x64 - support article has links but they don't work

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), win 7 x64

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 11:17 AM

3 replies

Apr 18, 2015 11:45 AM in response to dk6430

Maybe you should ask the vendor of your VM app.

Some people choose to install Windows natively and then also use that in their VM.

That means installing updates and drives from Boot Camp.

But if this is VM only, changes the rules.

Windows 7 of course is not supported on the 6,1 by Apple, only 8.1 though people do manage to get it installed on a partition.

Links to articles, name of the VM and other details generally tend to help in getting help.

Apr 18, 2015 9:39 PM in response to The hatter

The Hatter,

i did that - it went like this - MS does not offer generic USB 3 hub driver - VMware has one but it does not work because Apple uses an non-standard root hub on Mac Pro 2013 - Apple says on that page of boot camp you can download this driver, but you can't - the links don't work...

I spent a total of 20+ hours with various supports of these companies... the page I was sent to has non-working download links....

i seem not to be able to download the driver files/bundles for win 7 x64 USB 3.0 support on Mac Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.