Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I resync my ipad will i loose my apps?

I am having issues with removing photos from my iPad and from what I have read I just need to resync with iTunes

My question is that if I do this will it affect my apps - free ones I can re download but paid ones I am wondering about. Will I need to redownload anything after a resync?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 12:02 PM

4 replies

Apr 18, 2015 12:11 PM in response to aimeecatherine56

First of all, if you have never synced with iTunes, it is impossible to have synced photos on the iPad. So my question is, have you synced with iTunes in the past? If you have then you do need to select an empty photos folder or simply unckec the Sync Photos From heading in order to remove the synced photos.

If you have synced with iTunes but it has been a while, iTunes will prompt you to transfer any apps on the iPad into iTunes so that you will not lose them when you sync the next time. Even if you ignore the prompt to transfer the apps (don't ignore the prompt) you can always download purchased apps again as long as you use the same Apple ID that you used to make the purchases.

Before you sync with iTunes you should always backup your iPad first.

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

Apr 18, 2015 6:13 PM in response to aimeecatherine56

aimeecatherine56 wrote:

Dont think I explained it well.

I'm not going to argue with that, but I answered the question that you asked about losing your apps.

It has been synced before but when I try to sync it now it brings up an error message that i cant sync my ipad with itunes

IF you got a very specific error message it would helpful to know what it is, but in the absence of any more details, I would suggest, quitting iTuns, rebooting your computer and resetting your iPad as a start.

To reset, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

What does "it won't let me send it to the bin" mean? If you actually see the trash can when you are trying to delete photos, then those photos were not synced to the iPad. Synced photos cannot be deleted via the trash can and you do not see the trash can when you select a synced photo.

If I resync my ipad will i loose my apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.