Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 8 and iTunes

I Really want to put some music onto my iPad. I hate having to use my MP3 player while I am typing things on my iPad. I want to be able to do both on the same device. Some years ago, I put iTunes on to a Windows 7 computer and caused the computer to act very odd and wacky, so I had to uninstall it. Now, Windows 8 has been out and I am wondering if iTunes is compatible with Windows 8. I would very much prefer to keep iTunes off of the computer all together so is there some way I can plug in my iPad and put music on to it without using third party apps?

I have also heard something about the cloud. Can I upload my music to the cloud using windows media player (or simple drag and drop) and then go in the cloud on my iPad and download the music?

any help greatly appreciated.

IPad mini 8.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 11:38 AM

1 reply

Apr 18, 2015 12:27 PM in response to Arsouzouxria

iTunes is compatible with Windows 8 : http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

To get music into the built-in Music app on your iPad you will either need to buy (or redownload your past iTunes purchases) directly on the iPad via the iTunes store app, or sync it from your computer's iTunes (you can add your own music to iTunes via File > Add To Library), or (and after adding your music to your computer's iTunes) subscribe to iTunes Match on your computer's iTunes and upload your own music from there to the cloud.

You can't use windows media player to subscribe to iTunes match or upload music to it, or to sync music to the iPad's Music app.

Windows 8 and iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.