Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App updates are stalled and stop? What is the problem?

When I update an App I am prompted for my AppleId password, then the update indicator spins, ad resets to the update box again

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 6:00 PM

Force close the App Store app, reset your iPad and then try again. You will not lose any data when you perform the reset.

In order to close apps, you have to drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

In order to reset your iPad, hold down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen after which time you can release the buttons and let the iPad start up.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2015 6:00 PM in response to Frostynels1

Force close the App Store app, reset your iPad and then try again. You will not lose any data when you perform the reset.

In order to close apps, you have to drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

In order to reset your iPad, hold down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen after which time you can release the buttons and let the iPad start up.

App updates are stalled and stop? What is the problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.