Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to save iPhotos from macbook air to iCloud

Hello,

Any help with my dilemma appreciated -

I transferred my photos from my iPhone on to my macbook air to free up space, all the photos are showing in the iPhoto library however the ones transferred from my phone aren't saved on my icloud account (approx 1000 pics). I logged into iCloud and started uploading the pics which is so slow, however these photos are going back on my phone which defeats the whole object of freeing up space.

How do I save all my pics onto iCloud is there quicker way than uploading from iCloud? And also and stop them downloading back on my phone?

thank you 😕

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 12:17 PM

5 replies

Apr 18, 2015 12:24 PM in response to Purplerose8

Depends - what version of iPhoto and of the OS do you have? Are you using iCloud Photo library?

As to going back to your phone - that is the way MyPhotoStream works - the last 30 days or 1000 photos are shown on all connected devices - how are you adding photos to iCloud?

You must provide full details and context for use to help as we can to see you or your computer

LN

Apr 18, 2015 1:46 PM in response to LarryHN

Hi LarryHN,

Thank you for your reply the version of iPhoto on my macbook air is 9.5.1 and the OS 10.0.5.

Apologies I'm very confused to what I have done, my old iPhone 5 needed updating and as I had 2500 pics on it I connected it to my macbook (which I had only just received) to save all the pics in iPhoto, and removed approx 1000 pics from my phone to make space - all my pics are showing in iPhoto ok. I have since upgraded to the iPhone 6 phone and all new photos are uploading ok.

Basically all I want to do it ensure all my pics approx 2500 are saved, I was under the impression all my pics if they were on the macbook they would be saved on the iCloud but the photos which I moved off my phone (but are on the macbook) are missing when I log into the iCloud.

thanks for your help

Apr 18, 2015 2:23 PM in response to Purplerose8

There is no OS X 10.0.5 - do you mean OS X 10.9.5?

Assuming you do then there is no "saving" of photos to iCloud either automatically or manually except by using a browser upload - iPhoto 9.5.1 can share photos using MyPhotoStream or using SharedPhotoStream - it can not save to iCloud

If your photos are in iPhoto on your Mac in events then they are "saved" - Of course it is always critical that you have a good unto date backup of you Mac so that when (not if) something failed you can recover

LN

How to save iPhotos from macbook air to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.