Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

just upgraded to Yosemite having problem importing pictures from iPhoto from 10.6.8

Unable to get to all my photos from iPhoto (10.6.8) into Photo on Yosemite. Help.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 1:17 PM

6 replies

Apr 20, 2015 3:21 PM in response to Old Toad

I am not sure of the version of iphoto that I had, but I think it was the one that came with 10.6.8

Some of my old photos came in as "sharing" and some in photos. I just let the migration happen during the installation process. I like the old iphoto appl. better than this new one. I don't have a need to sych with other apple devices or some of the other bells and whistles.

Not much help, Is there a way to get a newer version of iphoto and forget about "photo"?

Apr 22, 2015 3:34 PM in response to RichRinCO

For iPhoto 9.6.1 to be available via the App Store you must have a version of iPhoto 9.x or later installed.

It's theorized that if one purchases a copy of iLife 11 from a 3rd party retailer like Amazon.com or eBay.com and installs iPhoto 9.0 or 9.1 then iPHoto 9.6.1 should become available in the App Store. So far no one has come forward to confirm or deny that.

just upgraded to Yosemite having problem importing pictures from iPhoto from 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.