Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage (messages) no longer syncing to all devices

Not quite sure what is happening here. I've been using iMessage (messages) on my iPod Touch 5 gen, iPad 2, iMac, and iPad Air 2 without incident.

its always been that, I could start a conversation on my iMac, and pick up one of the other devices and the messages will all be there, as well.

IN the last 2 weeks, it seems that the messages are no longer syncing to my iPad Air 2 .... But the other devices are fine.

Ive checked settings (Send and receive,) On all devices ...everything is as it should be.

restarted all devices....

but, the problem continues on my iPad Air 2.

IS there a fix for this? I've heard that resetting all network settings will NOT work....so I have not done that.

is this an iOS 8.3 glitch?

Thanks.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 1:15 PM

4 replies

Apr 21, 2015 12:02 PM in response to Cåts

Hi rockeeeeeee,

I'm sorry to hear you are having this iMessage issue with your devices. I know that you said you checked the settings on your devices, but you may want to double-check to make sure they are all set as outlined in the Use iMessage and FaceTime with multiple devices section of the following article:

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Apr 21, 2015 1:25 PM in response to brenden dv

Brenden,

thanks for your reply.

Ok.... just to be clear: I do not have an iPhone, I'm only using an iPad 2, iPad Air 2, iPod Touch 5th Gen and iMac.

All of the aforementioned devices use the same email address for iMessage.

When I go to Settings>Messages>Send and Receive> all my devices show the EXACT same email address, as they always have.

I wonder why my iPad Air 2 suddenly no longer gets messages all the time?

Example: I am messaging someone via my iMac. 2 hours later, I turn my iPad Air 2 on. (When not in use it's always in Airplane mode). This has never been a problem before).

As always I would turn Airplane Mode off to go back to WIFI, and instantly, all messages would "catch up".

I hope that makes sense.

iMessage (messages) no longer syncing to all devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.